I was tagged by Sarah for this fun award! I’ve been saving it for a while in order to post something different in the middle of my long buddy read of The Stand, which has been taking up a lot of my reading and reviewing time. If you’re not already following Sarah you should definitely check out her blog, she’s a delightful human and her reviews are always so thoughtful and thorough!
What’s the Mystery Blogger Award?
“It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.”
The original creation post comes from Okoto Enigma’s Blog!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Answer the 5 questions you were asked
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Questions to Answer
- What’s the best movie you’ve seen recently? – Ooh, this is tough, as I haven’t watched any movies in a couple of months! I think the last I saw was Bohemian Rhapsody, right in the midst of my Daisy Jones craze this spring, which made it a perfect fit!
- How often do you make music playlists? – Only once or twice a year. I tend to spend a lot of time carefully curating them to my current taste and adding a ton of songs so that I can use them for ages, until I feel like my life has changed enough that I need an all-new soundtrack.
- What’s the last book you were gifted? – One of my friends gave me One Day in December by Josie Silver as a belated Christmas gift. I haven’t yet read it because I want to pick it up in December- we exchanged gifts on New Year’s Eve so there wasn’t time last year!
- What are you looking forward to right now? – I’m really looking forward to the announcement of the Man Booker longlist! I had so much fun following along with the Women’s Prize this spring (even though it didn’t turn out as I’d hoped it would) that I’m excited to start again with another prize! Even though I’m not fully committing to reading the entire longlist before seeing it, I’m hoping that I’ll be able to do so.
- [weird question] If you could switch places with one actor in any scene in any movie/TV show, which would it be? – [appropriately weird answer, lol] I would want Leonardo DiCaprio’s role on Titanic when the ship first sets out. Waving to the crowds and all. Titanic sank on my birthday (historically; I wasn’t born in 1912) and I’ve always been fascinated with the story of its sinking. So many things had to happen in the exact way that they did for that disaster to have been as bad as it was, it’s eerie. But when the ship sets sail on its first and only voyage, what a time to be alive, right? I would’ve loved to be on Titanic. Except not really, because of the 1,500+ people dying and all. So movie Titanic would be the best option, really. Rose just doesn’t have the right level of enthusiasm, but for Jack it’s the best time of his life. That’s the closest I’d like to get to experiencing Titanic.
- I collect postcards. I haven’t been many places, but I ask my family and friends to pick them up for me as well so I’ve gathered probably upwards of 200? Looking at places I want to go is very conducive to goal setting for me.
- I have never been able to fall asleep while reading. I get tired, but I have to put the book down and make the choice to close my eyes before I’m able to sleep.
- My favorite food is probably popcorn. I like a lot of other things, but popcorn is the only food I don’t think I have ever or would ever turn down, if offered.
- Kristen @ Kristen Kraves Books
- Elysa @ Words Words Words
- Donna @ Donna’s Reading Chair
- Melanie @ Grab the Lapels
- Laura @ The Book Habit
- Diana @ Thoughts on Papyrus
- Ren @ What’s Nonfiction?
- Lou @ Random Book Reviews Web
- Anne @ I’ve Read This
- Jenna @ Jenna Bookish
(If you’re not tagged and want to participate, consider yourself nominated! I tagged only the minimum number of bloggers today, so feel free to jump on board if you haven’t been tagged for this lately and/or feel inspired to answer my questions!)
Questions I’m Asking
- What’s your favorite place that you’ve ever visited?
- Do the number of bookshelves that you use hold all of the books that you own and/or what do you do with overflow books?
- Which book-to-film adaptation do you wish would be redone?
- Name a story you loved as a child/teen that never gets old?
- [weird question] Which of your favorite characters would win a karaoke contest, and with what song?
- I had a lot of fun assembling my Women’s Prize longlist wrap-up, especially since this was the first year I managed to keep up with the prize schedule. I also loved chatting with everyone else who read longlisted titles this year!
- Almost-favorites is a list I started last Thanksgiving, that I intend to continue on a yearly basis. This list highlights top contenders that don’t quite make it to my favorite reads of the year list, though I still consider them valuable moments in my reading life.
- Top of the TBR is a new series I’ve started that I really love posting every week. It’s easy to keep up with, but it also builds a lot of bookish excitement for me. I’ve linked the most recent addition.
Thanks again to Sarah for the tag!
I really enjoy the tags/awards that look different every time you see them; there’s so much room for creativity here. If you haven’t tried it yet, now is your chance! And even if you have, this is a great post to repeat with different questions and answers. Happy blogging, all!
The Literary Elephant